Thursday 17 July 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY: MODENINE Ft. NNENA - CRY




First of all, go down low let me start by saying Cry by Modenine featuring Nnena is a masterpiece. Before I go any further, I would like to confess that prior to this song, I was not Modenine’s biggest fan, to put it mildly. But back in 2006 when this joint hit the Nigerian music scene, I fell in love with it. Even those who are still anti-modenine love this song. Little wonder the song won Best Hip Hop
Video, Best Producer, and Video of the Year at the Channel O music awards back in 2006. I mean, this song was THE SONG (and still is, if you ask me).
The story-telling, and rhymes portrayed by Modenine (known as “modo” these days) is just stellar. The first story about the alcoholic husband who died in an untimely fashion, leaving his wife a wi
dow with a son to take care of was a very touching story. The second story about the kids who went from best friends to members of rival cults is another sorry story. These stories just show how we sometimes forget the things that do matter in pursuit of less important things that are not beneficial which sometimes end tragically. Less I forget, the chorus by Nnena was beautifully taken.
Download and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment